PACKAGING SOLUTIONS SPECIALIST ESSENTRA HAS INSTALLED A NEW OCÉ VARIOPRINT 6180 TITAN AT ITS DUBLIN OFFICES
After exploring the market for a solution that matched its business needs, Essentra tasked the team at Canon Ireland to find a print solution that would support its current customer base as well as growing and developing its business.
Barry Marron, Managing Director, Essentra, commented: “The team here at Essentra are delighted with this new partnership. After conducting intense and in-depth research over a number of months, we partnered with Canon because of its cutting-edge solution to our unique business needs. We have had the Océ Varioprint in use for several months now and we can already see a marked improvement in production quality as well as speed and cost-reduction. We are confident that this partnership with Canon Ireland will open up many new business opportunities going forward.”
According to Essentra, the Océ Varioprint came out on top in terms of print quality, cost effectiveness and the ability to turn product around quickly. One of the company’s biggest challenges is the need to print high-quality products, in short runs, on a very lightweight media, a challenge which has been met by Canon.
Océ Varioprint – the benefits
- Lightweight media – Essentra can now economically print on 45 Gsm paper, which is out of range of most digital machines, while still retaining an offset look and feel with near perfect registration
- Print on both sides – the Océ VarioPrint’s Gemini technology prints on both front and back simultaneously, while its ScreenPoint technology optimizes images for each individual page
- Offset look and feel – a number of competitive products were tested but failed to give the offset quality required by Essentra, which the team can now produce with the Océ VarioPrint
- Cost effectiveness – the Océ Varioprint has allowed Essentra to print high quality at a low volume economically, which in turn allows Essentra to provide a nimbler and more cost-effective service to its clients
- Business opportunities – this partnership has allowed Essentra to become extremely agile in its product offering, which will allow it to scale and grow its business at an unprecedented rate