Packaging solutions specialist Essentra has installed a new Océ VarioPrint 6180 TITAN at its Slaney Road, Dublin offices, to ensure it is providing customers with the best value, highest quality services and products while streamlining and improving production.
After extensively exploring the market for a solution that matched its business needs, Essentra tasked the team at Canon Ireland to provide them with a cutting-edge print solution to support its current customer base as well as growing and developing its business.
Barry Marron, Managing Director, Essentra, commented: “The team here at Essentra are delighted with this new partnership. After conducting intense and in-depth research over a number of months, we partnered with Canon because of their cutting-edge solution to our unique business needs. The Océ Varioprint machine is second to none in its abilities, and the team at Canon Ireland has been on the ground with us from day one ensuring that the transition to this new machine runs smoothly.
“We have had the Océ Varioprint in use for several months now, and we can already see a marked improvement in production quality as well as speed and cost-reduction – and we are confident that this partnership with Canon Ireland will open up many new business opportunities going forward.”
Warren Brennan, Production Manager, Essentra, elaborates: “at Essentra, we had a very specific business need to be addressed in terms of print solutions. After testing numerous competitive products, the Océ Varioprint came out on top in terms of print quality, cost effectiveness, and the ability to turn product around quickly. One of our biggest challenges is the need to print high-quality products, in short runs, on a very lightweight media, and this challenge has now been addressed thanks to Canon.”
Important benefits from this investment for Essentra include:
- Lightweight media – Essentra can now economically print on 45 Gsm paper, which is out of range of most digital machines, while still retaining an offset look and feel with near perfect registration
- Print on both sides – The Océ VarioPrint’s unique Gemini technology prints on both front and back simultaneously ensuring near perfect front-to-back registration and sheet-to-sheet registration, while its ScreenPoint technology optimizes images for each individual page
- Offset look and feel – a number of competitive products were tested but failed to give the offset quality required by Essentra, which the team can now produce with the Océ VarioPrint
- Cost effectiveness – The Océ Varioprint has allowed Essentra to print high quality at a low volume economically, which in turn allows Essentra to provide a nimbler and more cost-effective service to its clients
- Business opportunities – This partnership has allowed Essentra to become extremely agile in its product offering, which will allow it to scale and grow its business at an unprecedented rate
Essentra is a global manufacturer and distributor of vital component parts for hundreds of markets and thousands of products – producing and distributing millions of small but essential components daily.
Essentra’s international network extends to 33 countries and includes 49 principal manufacturing facilities, 66 sales and distribution operations and 4 research & development centers.
Donnán Cullen, Key Account Manager, Canon Ireland said: “As a partner that can be trusted to help organisations work more efficiently, achieve growth and stand out in an always-on world, we’re hugely excited to partner with Essentra and support the team in creating the highest quality product possible for their clients.”
“Canon combines heavy investment in research and development and dedication to launching disruptive technologies to help customers face today’s complex business challenges. The Océ VarioPrint a perfect example of how companies can open new doors and increase the bottom line through latest advancements, such as automation and software.”